|Historical Postcards of Donaldsonville
All postcards are 4 x 6 inches, printed on a professional offset printer
and coated with a UV protective spray.
A portion of the proceeds go to several Donaldsonville non profit
organization as per the direction of the donors of the photographs
All postcards are sold in sets of 5 - Shipping is FREE!
The Ascension Parish Courthouse was built in
1888 after a fire destoyed the newly completed
courthouse in 1887. James Freret, famed New
Orleans Architect designed the building. This is
the sixth courthouse built in this general area
since the founding of Donaldsonville in 1806.
Construction on the Ascension of our Lord Catholic Church had been slow for want of and
waiting on imported materials and for lack of funds. Construction was halted 8 years after it
had begun. The Church was completed April 14, 1896 and officially dedicated in 1900.
Photo circa 1915
The South Louisiana State Fair was held in Donaldsonville from 1913 - 1964. During it’s heyday, the fair drew as
many as one hundred thousand people over the course of a weekend to Donaldsonville.
Item number: PC1
Item number: PC2
Item number: PC3
Item number: PC4
Item number: PC5
Select 5 post cards and enter into order.
Example: 1-PC1, 1-PC3, 3-PC5